Skip to main content

WHAT Happens at 2 a.m.?



Its 2 in the night and here I am awake like an owl doing nothing; though for the matter I am writing this. If this doesn’t work, I plan to switch back to straining my eyes or another 40 minutes of Vampire Diaries. Its holidays, so I don’t have anything to study either (not that I study during terms; but what I wrote still makes a statement).


I’ve noticed this for quite some time now; whatever time it maybe be you’ll always find dogs barking here and there especially if it is night time. Wonder if it is the awakening of the ‘Dog World’ when the ‘Humans’ go to sleep.


I remember one night I was returning from a picnic late at night. It was 2 am and frankly I was scared; not of the thieves or goons but the dogs of my lane. They are known to be a menace. As I started walking into my lane, I couldn’t help myself but to locate the canines so that I could avoid them. They eased my efforts though as there they were lying around everywhere on the road with me then having to make my way through them. Add to it I had a huge sack on my shoulders and it is not unknown to us the liking of dogs to people carrying huge bags; add to it,  it was late at night, time when dogs are at full barking power.


Coming back to my lane; I walked to the mid-way and suddenly one of them started barking at me. As a reflex I located that asshole and paused for a second. I ignored it and started walking forward. I just hoped that the others dint wake up to join that bitch (for the matter I am not swearing this time; it was a bitch) against her venture against me. As this bitch kept barking, each one of them looked at me taking turns, said a gentle hello by nodding their heads and went back to sleep. I presumed that they knew me; then why dint the bitch recognize me. I wondered. Soon that bitch stopped barking and I made my way through the lane back home.


And why did I write this? Because I have nothing else to do. Mom-Dad are fast asleep, my girlfriend slept four hours back, most of my friends are asleep too( I assume as I don’t get any replies back). I chose to sleep in the evening; a reason due to which I can’t sleep now.


Well, its 3rd December, the clock ticks 2.21 now. The second test match between India and Australia at Sydney is due to start in precisely 2 hours and 39 minutes and I’ll have to sleep soon. Just wondering how can a lazy person like me turn into an insomniac just by a two-hour sleep in the evening.


The word turn has an altogether new meaning for me these days; thanks to ‘The Vampire Diaries’. Every time I hear turn, I think of Damon Salvatore turning another human into a vampire. I remember well, a couple of months back, Riddhi was searching all information possible about vampires in college. I ridiculed her back then but now I am addicted to the same topic. The reason for both of us being the same. ‘The Vampire Diaries’.


Anyways, I’m signing off now. Off to sleep.
Yeah, that’s it.


What did you think when you read the title? A Vampire Story?
Don’t ever expect one from me. If at all I write one ever, it would surely be ‘A funny Vampire Story’.


Anyways I’ll try to sleep now, wrist paining (because of typing all day….. I know the way you think).
Good night. Hot Dreams.

Comments

  1. Haha, I can understand your state of mind. Happens with me all the time. When exams are going on, I am full of ideas about stuff to do and work on, and the moment that vacations start, the ideas start moving out :P So, I often write my ideas down, when I have them and work on them, during such times. Always helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe.. I'll try that too..
    As a matter of fact, it gets worse when you have work and no mood to do it..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Opera Neon hits the Refresh button on browser behavior

When a geek gets a notification on his Google home screen from the Technology section about his long lost browser friend launching a refreshingly new version of itself, it calls for an immediate test run and a blog post. As the video and the website suggested, the installation was pretty smooth and Neon instantly copied my current background image into the browser to instantly set it the browser background. While most browsers have a small icon on the tabs to notify the tabs that output music, Neon has opted to have a separate tab to have all the pages that could possibly output video. I say that because while I had a website streaming audio on that tab, Facebook made an almost entry to the tab too. Neon does not support importing your bookmarks and settings from Chrome yet, but it supports Firefox and you can always import Chrome settings into Firefox first and then pull them into Neon. The floating icons for speed dial is just an intuitive way of showing the mos

Adventures of Lonavla - Part II

Links to Earlier Parts: Part I :  http://abhishek-nandgaonkar-blogs.blogspot.in/2012/08/journey-to-lonavla.html                                                               PART II     We entered the bus with our luggage; it was a 2x2 seater bus. We approached our seats and found out two of us were to sit together while the third had to sit on the adjacent row besides what seemed like a pretty face behind 'Life of Pi'.     We all started hurrying up to get that prized seat. Aditya was in the front and I was right behind him. I somehow managed to find a way towards the seat. I kept my hand on the seat and was about to sit when Aditya pushed me and sat himself.      I shouted, "Hey!", loud enough for the whole bus to listen. 'Life of Pi' went down and what emerged was actually a guy with long hair. Aditya's jaw fell while me and Daksh started laughing uncontrollably; everyone else gave us a disgusting look, quite understandably.    T