Skip to main content

Sachin, the God of Cricket.


             

So, were you there to witness the Master of Cricket hit that glorious shot to get him his 50th Test Century. I was and it is indeed difficult to express in words how ecstatic I was to see him achieve that feat. I was super happy and was dancing all round the room dancing to the commentary on Ten Cricket.
                
               What made that knock special was that it came at a time when the team needed it. Sachin has been the best player India could have ever produced. He is the light of hope for millions of us, Indians. We turn on the TV sets and watch each and every ball that the Master plays because we just cant get enough of him playing. We’ve been watching him play for the past 20 years but still every time that ball hits the sweet part of Sachin’s bat our heart jumps with satisfaction and pride. People turn off their TV sets when the Master gets out and still wait for the next match to watch him play again.
Sachin Tendulkar has been an inspiration for most of us. We have grown up watch him play. He has motivated not just upcoming cricket players but also others who consider him as an example of success, achievements and glory.
                
                What has taken him so far has been his attitude towards the game. He never lets difficulties go across him. He takes on all of them head-on and more importantly tries to get over them with all the efforts. Second thing that has helped him in his life has been his humility. You would never see him yelling or swearing upon anyone. Sachin has always been calm and composed; be it the cricket field or the field of life. Sachin has also been accredited for being very hard working. He practices for hours and hours and still it seems there is hardly anything that can get him down. He is 37 now but yet after 20 years of cricket he hasn’t given up his spirit. He still plays like a 17 year old. Though his fitness has now compelled him to alter some of his shots, but the ones he has in his kitty are sufficient for him to get another 50 centuries. Well, definitely there is a lot that goes into making a Master indeed.
                
                Sachin in an interview said that he doesn’t really think of centuries. All that he thinks of is playing, overcoming the opponents and making runs. With this hard work, centuries and many other records come along the way.
                
               We all play games and get so excited after winning a single game. Hardly anyone of us has a College-level record; let alone World record. Imagine what effort Mr. Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar must have put in to get so many records under his belt.
               
Sachin is God. He indeed is.

                They say.. “Do sins when Sachin plays; because even God is busy watching his game..”

                Sachin is a rock star for all of us and he will remain an inspirational God-like figure for most of us. He has given smiles, tears and happiness to the entire world through his game and I am very sure he will continue doing that throughout his life.
                
                I am blessed to have born in a country, a state that has produced such a gentleman. I look up to him and wish to attain success as he has achieved by following the paths of hard work, humility and love.
                
               Such is the charisma of the Little Master, Sachin Tendulkar. Here are some Sachin Facts that you might be interested in having a look.


Full name Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar
Born April 24, 1973, Bombay (now Mumbai), Maharashtra
Current age 37 years 243 days
Major teams India, Asia XI, Mumbai, Mumbai Indians,Yorkshire
Nickname Tendlya, Little Master
Batting style Right-hand bat
Bowling style Right-arm offbreak, Legbreak googly
Height 5 ft 5 in
Education Sharadashram Vidyamandir School
               
                                                                                     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT Happens at 2 a.m.?

Its 2 in the night and here I am awake like an owl doing nothing; though for the matter I am writing this. If this doesn’t work, I plan to switch back to straining my eyes or another 40 minutes of Vampire Diaries. Its holidays, so I don’t have anything to study either (not that I study during terms; but what I wrote still makes a statement). I’ve noticed this for quite some time now; whatever time it maybe be you’ll always find dogs barking here and there especially if it is night time. Wonder if it is the awakening of the ‘Dog World’ when the ‘Humans’ go to sleep. I remember one night I was returning from a picnic late at night. It was 2 am and frankly I was scared; not of the thieves or goons but the dogs of my lane. They are known to be a menace. As I started walking into my lane, I couldn’t help myself but to locate the canines so that I could avoid them. They eased my efforts though as there they were lying around everywhere on the road with me then having to make my way t

Adventures of Lonavla - Part II

Links to Earlier Parts: Part I :  http://abhishek-nandgaonkar-blogs.blogspot.in/2012/08/journey-to-lonavla.html                                                               PART II     We entered the bus with our luggage; it was a 2x2 seater bus. We approached our seats and found out two of us were to sit together while the third had to sit on the adjacent row besides what seemed like a pretty face behind 'Life of Pi'.     We all started hurrying up to get that prized seat. Aditya was in the front and I was right behind him. I somehow managed to find a way towards the seat. I kept my hand on the seat and was about to sit when Aditya pushed me and sat himself.      I shouted, "Hey!", loud enough for the whole bus to listen. 'Life of Pi' went down and what emerged was actually a guy with long hair. Aditya's jaw fell while me and Daksh started laughing uncontrollably; everyone else gave us a disgusting look, quite understandably.    T

Adventures of Lonavla - Part I

                                                                 PART I     This story dates to the month of June of 2012 while I was travelling to Lonavla with a couple of my friends. Interesting events, interesting company, interesting food made the whole journey a lot more interesting.     Me, Daksh and Aditya planned this trip some time back and we choose to set out for Lonavla on the 18th, a Monday. Usually people travel on weekends but we had a completely different theory; Everyone visits hill stations during weekends making everything from food and hotels and roaming around a bit more costlier than usual. Setting out with this philosophy the three of us with a few thousand rupees left out for this journey. None of us had a vehicle so we had to use the public transport to get there.     Daksh was a guy particular with cleanliness and addicted to giving his boring lectures to people who did not follow his 'Principles of Cleanliness' as he would call it. Given hi